"How To Get Interviews" 
Get more job interviews faster


There are a few important techniques that you can incorporate into your job search strategy in order to increase your chances of getting a job interview.
An opportunity of attending an interview with prospective employers can, at times, be challenging, but by incorporating key strategies into your job search technique, your odds of getting interviews can be greatly increased. Having your application short-listed is the most important first step, and is the basis of How To Get Interviews, article:


By following these techniques, your application will stand out and get you noticed.


1. Avoid applying for job advertisements from recruiting companies -Unless you know the recruiter or they are working for you as a placement agent, many job posting will only waste your time. Instead, focus your energies on crafting your cover letter and resume to specifically target EACH hiring company that you apply to. The chances of getting your application in front of a real decision maker well be much greater, and will give you an opportunity to gain their attention.

2. Personalize your cover letter for each application you submit. Address your cover letter with the name of the hiring manager, the full company name and address. If you don't know, try searching online and on professional networking sites, such as LinkedIn.

3. Try to determine what EXACT skill and past experience you bring that you can turn into ACTIONS that will help solve the company's problems. Add 2~4 bullet points at the bottom of our cover letter that will really grab their attention. This is RISKY if you guess problems that the company does not believe are a priority. If you aren't sure, the close your cover letter with a paragraph the speaks about how your skills and past experience will be valuable. You can sometimes find hints by studying the company's website or their competitors.










Here is a repost from Craigslist that highlights what happens inside some unscrupulous recruitment agencies. It underscores the importance of exercising caution not only to avoid wasting your time in fruitless job searches, but also in protecting your personal information:

Hello 








I'm a recruiter; I call myself that because anybody can, I don't need a licence like say for car sales. I don't have a real job, I work for 100% commission; I work from home except for the one day a week when I rotate thru head office for my 'client interviews'. 








90% of my job is 'business development' this means everyday I comb the help wanted ads and online boards and contact the employers who have posted legitimate jobs and beg them to let me find their employees for a fee. 








They refuse, they always do; then I tell them I'll post the job to my 'network' for free and they only have to pay me if I find the 'perfect candidate' who they then hire for an annual salary 10k less than they would have paid and I get the difference. 








I then take their job posting and reword it cutting out all the identifying company info so to frustrate any direct contact with the company or I use a generic posting. It doesn't even matter if there's a real job available or not, sometime I post fake jobs with great salaries to catch all the current lookers employed or unemployed, all for my database. 








I use CL, job boards, and job bank and if the position is likely to be filled from an 'outside hire' then my handlers will use the company discount acct on workopolis or monster to make sure we get the most hits possible. We also gather resumes and sell them back to websites and others who want the info for their databases, especially the name and email contacts for your employers, references are great data mining sources too, all worth some money if you collect enough 








You see we need your names because I send hiring companies an updated list weekly to see if any of the names in my candidate database match their shortlist cause then if they hire you I get paid. Typically I try to claim 10 to 30 % of your salary if you get hired; so my handlers are always hiring other 'recruiters' with no experience, as they and I need only find one morsel a month to make sure we get paid. that's why you see 50 poting for the same job; since we work foor 100% commission my handlers don't care if there are5 or 50 of us reposting the same info, see in the end they're screwing me screwing you...i know ...oh the irony 








In order to make it look like I've done my 'due diligence' I call in 10 losers, who I know I won't promote for the open job, and get them to do a bunch of meaningless tests; then I spoon feed the same tests to the candidates I actually think have a chance of getting hired and getting me money. If my candidates names aren't already on the employers shortlist then I show the employer the tests results from the losers vs my picks as to show them I've done 'work' in selecting the best candidate for them. 








You send me your resume, say to an anonymous posting on CL and your contractually mine as far as a potential employers concerned. Sometimes companies frustrate my efforts to get money for nothing, they drop candidates who are on my database from their shortlist so they don't have to pay me as if they had hired you; so if you were wondering why so many employers aren't getting back to you. It's not you, it's me. 








thanks keep sending those resumes 


Obviously a degree of caution is in order whenever you submit a job application. Generally, your odds will be much greater if you are able to apply directly to the hiring company rather than have your application screened through a recruiter, unless you know them well. 










0 comments:

Dynamic Page QR Code

Popular Posts

My LinkedIn PingTag


View My Stats